WELCOME, Parents, Educators and Students!

I hope that this blog will be a place for you to gather information, share ideas and concerns (leave your name or post comments anonymously), vent, learn about stuff that's going on, learn about gifted education, or however you want to use it. Please remember that opinions presented in the main posts are my opinions - I don't represent the school, and I don't know the circumstances of every high-achieving child on Hatteras Island. If I offend you, let me know. If I can help you, tell me that too. My ego has been checked at the door; this blog isn't about me, or MY gifted child, it's about all of our kids and how to play the hand we've been dealt to create the best possible learning situation for our kids.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

ANOTHER COOL SITE FOR KIDS

I was printing stuff for MATHCOUNTS, and looking around at some more information, and I found this page. I think it could be a great site to have kids explore and start thinking about their interests. Either click the title above or copy/paste this link:

http://thefunworks.edc.org/SPTUI--FunWorks/funworks/accessible/home.php

This is what it says:

This Web site is about careers. Not just the interesting ones other people have, but the ones YOU can have. Don't know where to start? Well, dive right in and:
EXPLORE many different areas, not just the ones that seem obvious.
THINK about what you enjoy. See where it leads you.
EXPERIENCE lots of ideas.
You may not know now exactly what you want to do as an adult, but this site will help you start. Discover who you are, what you like to do, and what you do best.

The site has a teacher login - I'm not sure what that's for, but I think it's worth letting your students check it out! :)

No comments: